How to Contact Air Canada Airlines Name Change Policy?
Do you have an Air Canada flight that you can’t use because of a misspelled name?
This airline, like all other airlines, mandates that the name on your ticket exactly match the name on your valid legal documents, such as your passport or government-issued driver’s license. Governments mandate this, and it is not simply an airline rule.
If the name on your ticket is misspelled or has a mistake, you must get it fixed promptly by submitting appropriate supporting evidence. Otherwise, you risk being denied boarding. You can correct the name for a charge under the airline’s name correction policy by calling 1844-296-4458 the Air Canada Airlines name change contact number.
How do I contact Air Canada customer relations?
Passengers can request name correction via the airline’s website or via phone. Let’s go over the processes for requesting a name adjustment on a ticket –
Mode 1: Via official website
To request an Air Canada passenger change online, follow these steps:
● Navigate to the ‘Manage Reservation’ area of aircanada.com.
● Enter the six-digit reference code or 13-digit ticket number, as well as the passenger’s last name.
● On the following page, you will discover a name correction tab for the passenger whose name you need to change/correct. According to the name change policy, the name on the ticket must match the name on the government-issued picture ID perfectly.
● Only three characters can be changed in order to fix the name. A floppy copy of the passenger’s government-issued picture ID must also be attached for validation.
● You would be required to pay a $200 USD name adjustment charge to this airline. Passengers would also be responsible for any fare difference, if appropriate.
● Once payment is received, travelers will get confirmation of the name adjustment within 24 hours of submitting the request.
Mode 2: Through phone number
● Allow the agent to connect via the Air Canada airlines name change phone number. To view your booking data, enter your six-digit reference code or 13-digit ticket number.
● Request that the agent correct the name. You will also be required to submit a soft copy of your passport or other government-issued picture ID for validation.
● You would be required to pay a $200 USD name adjustment charge to the airline. Passengers would also be responsible for any fare difference, if appropriate.
● Once payment is received, travelers will get confirmation of name adjustment within 24 hours of submitting the request.
Key highlights of Air Canada name change policy
To learn more about the policies governing name change, continue reading:
● The name correction will be treated as reissuance in the same fare class, and the change charge, as well as the fare difference, will apply.
● If you request the airline to modify your name on your reservation, you will not be able to change the flight date, time, or destination. Furthermore, no modifications to the passenger’s date of birth or gender would be authorized.
● Minor changes to the date of birth or gender would be permitted owing to mistakes made at the time of booking.
● Minor name edits of up to three characters would be permitted on tickets for a charge.
The accompanying information will aid you in contacting the airlines’ expert employees. If you have any issues regarding the booking or check-in process, or if you have a general inquiry about flight timings, the pros are here to assist you. To reach them straight immediately, use the Air Canada Airlines Reservations number.